Fast-travel to this location by typing: /join death
Death is a character in AdventureQuest Worlds.
Death is located in a forest in Skullholme.
The heroes first arrived there in order to get Death to restore Chuckles. He said he would in exchange that the heroes tell him a joke. When both jokes fail, an offscreen joke ends up making Death laugh and he gives the heroes Chuckles' head.
Death later appears after the players, Ayi Jihu, and Twilly defeated Thanatops. Death tells the group that the fear of death is necessary when Twilly asks Ayi Jihu why Thanatops didn't disappear like Nyctox did. When Thanatops states that death has no power in his area, Death states that Thanatops has no power over him and makes Thanatops disappear. When asked why the fear is necessary, Death states that it prevents people from doing stupid things that would lead to their death. It is stated in the conversation that some people are afraid of what happens after death. When asked about what comes after death, Death states that they will have to find out themselves when they die and ends up leaving.
When the players and J6 follow Mia the Mer'Angel into the Underworld, the players encounter Death (who had placed a bounty on Mia). J6 tells Death that the contract on Mia is now null and void now that Mia is in the Underworld.
When the players were slain by Drakath, Death wouldn't let them return to life. After Nulgath frees the players so that they can help Gravelyn in spirit, he has them sign a contract that requires them to take out Death where failure will have them condemned to the Abyss. The players are able to take out Death and acquire his powers which they use in their fight against Drakath. The players lost their Death powers when they passed back and forth between the Chaos Realm.
Death is revealed to have a cousin called the Reaper who lives in the Void. He mentioned that his 4th cousin was able to take the scythe and become the new Death after the players have lost their Death powers.
AdventureQuest Worlds: Zombies
In the alternate timeline caused by Drakath, Sepulchure has killed King Alteon (who threw himself in front of Sepulchure's attack to protect the players when Drakath doesn't show up) and Death arrives to claim the soul of King Alteon. When Death tells Sepulchure that he will also be coming to claim Sepulchure's soul one day, Sepulchure ends up destroying Death causing those who had recently died to return as Zombies.
- "MUHAHA... WELCOME WEARY TRAVELER. DO YOU LIKE THIS NICE SECLUDED SPOT I FOUND IN THE WOODS? QUITED A NICE PLACE TO TAKE SOME WEIGHT OFF YOUR BONES. I AM WORKING ON A NEW DIET BOOK AND THE QUIET HERE HELPS A LOT...."
- Location: Shadowfall Attacks
- Level: 45
- HP: 97,057
- MP: 100
Guilt Joy version
- Location: Under Realm
- Level: 37
- HP: 43,997
- MP: 100
NOTE: The original version of the Guilt Joy of Death was a recycled version of Vertigo before they replaced it with the actual Death.
Available to Everyone:
- Turn Dragon into Dracolich!
- Description: "MUHAHAHA... I SEE YOU HAVE VISITED ME OUT OF SHEER CURIOSITY. YOU KNOW, CURIOSITY CAN BE QUITE DEADLY... I HOPE YOU CAN HAVE COME PREPARED! HMM.. IF YOU HAVE AN ARMORED BABY FROST DRAGON PET, CAN YOU ALLOW ME TO... PET IT? I SO LOVE THEM..."
- Items required: Armored Baby Frost Dragon
- Rewards: 0 gold, 0 xp, Dracolich Baby Dragon
- Turn Dracolich into Dragon
- Description: MUHAHA... MY MY, YOU ARE ONE BRAVE SOUL TO VENTURE HERE. CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I AM BUSY DEPOPULATING THE FOREST OF SOULS? THIS IS HARD WORK, AND I HAVEN'T ANY TIME TO CEME-TARRY AROUND! BUT, IF YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE A CUTE LITTLE PET DRACOLICH FOR ME TO PET, PLEASE SHOW HIM TO ME-- I JUST LOVE THOSE LITTLE GUYS!
- Items required: Dracolich Baby Dragon
- Rewards: 0 gold, 0 xp, Armored Baby Frost Dragon
- info pending. If you want to add to this page, please look at Editing Layouts first.